Drew
Drew asked Leslye Walton:

Hi Leslye! I love love LOVE "The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender," and I was kind of surprised that it was the first book you've published! I was wondering how long you'd been writing for before starting TSABSOAL, and if you have any tips for aspiring authors? Thanks. :)

Leslye Walton I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Ava Lavender was actually the first novel I ever wrote :) Of course, it took quite a while to get it published! For a very long time, the only person who cared if I was writing was me. It can take an awful lot of self-motivation--and quite a bit of self-delusion, if I'm honest--to sit down and write everyday. This is why I usually tell all aspiring authors to do something else, if that something else might make them happy :)