Lissy
Lissy asked:

This made me laugh so hard and often that it brought me near to nirvana. What can I read next that will make me laugh as much?

To answer questions about Dear Committee Members, please sign up.
Djroars Just finished this one myself and greatly enjoyed it.
They're classics you may have already read but both Catch-22 and A Confederacy of Dunces made me laugh out loud frequently.
James Schumacher wrote a sequel, The Shakespeare Requirement. It follows the same characters into the next academic year. It is told in narrative rather than epistolary format, but we found it to be just as funny and insightful.
Julie Greene Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis is a fabulously funny academic satire.
Anne You might try Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple...
Drew Yes, definitely Straight Man. You might also try David Lodge's Small World and Nice Work. For something similar with a supernatural twist, try James Hynes's The Lecturer's Tale.
Susan Mullen The Locklear Letters (recently re-released under its new title Eat Wheaties!, which is the name of the movie based on the novel), and Everybody Says Hello are both excellent comedic epistolary novels by Michael Kun.
Gail Shepherd For an oldie but goodie about academic life, Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis.
Mycala Clovenhoof by Heide Goody & Iain Grant. I laughed equally as much and this was the last book that compelled me to stop people and read passages in between gasping for air.
Brakob Arthur It's more than 100 years old now, but Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) by Jerome K. Jerome is definitely worth checking out if you want a good laugh.
Graham Oliver And Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris has similar humor but is set in a failing dot-com era ad agency.
Image for Dear Committee Members