Anna
Anna asked:

After reading a little ways into this book, I did some research and found out that the main character was based off a real woman who wound up suing the author for using her likeness in this book. I decided I couldn't read this book after finding this out. How do you feel about this information? http://abcnews.go.com/Health/lawsuit-black-maid-ablene-cooper-sues-author-kathryn/story?id=12968562

To answer questions about The Help, please sign up.
Lucia Parr It doesn't change the truth in the story. The lawsuit is disappointing but there is too much to learn from the book to dismiss it for solely that reason.
Kamina Interesting article. I hate that that happened and she should receive some reparations (money from the book ) . This was also Kathryn;s first book, so she could have done a better job by not appropriating her story.
Angie It won't stop me to read this book over and over... it's part of "history" (even if I'm ashamed to be white when I read such stories...) and I loved the character of Aibileen.
Siby It wouldn't stop me from reading the book.
Image for The Help
by Kathryn Stockett (Goodreads Author)