Leialoha Perkins

What are the best things about it that I should read it?

To answer questions about The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, please sign up.
Alena This book is a ride. A front-row seat to the inside of the LSD movement in the 60's. This book is fascinating to me from a historical perspective, this first-person account of a truly interesting time. It's also written in an unusual manner, not dry at all.. very psychedelic like Oisín said and full of popular slang of the day.

Anyone who has an interest in the LSD movement of the 60's would find this book great reading, I'd think.
Oisín Carey The book is essentially an account of the rise and fall of an extremely close-knit community, which acts as a metaphor for understanding what the culture of the 1960s and 1970s in the US was like.

The imagery is wildly colourful and psychedelic, the descriptions laden with the catch-phrases of the time that were all about living fully in the present moment and seeing everything in one's life as highly important. The people are described vividly, with all their virtues and vices intact.

It's beautiful and sad and ridiculously exciting, a great read.
Image for The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test