Any feedback on this book? I think it may help me be more assertive and deal with other people better. I am not looking for gaming theory but how to make myself better and have a happier life.

To answer questions about No More Mr. Nice Guy, please sign up.
Howard Chasser It was a game changer for me. I believe many if not most men would benefit from reading it. It talks about the gender impact of the shift from an agrarian economy to an industrial one where women have become the predominant role models for both boys and girls leading to many "nice guys" who do not always act so "nice" and a breakdown in male female relationships. One of my top 3!
Gia Rcheulishvili I loved the book. Got tremendous insight into my own shortcomings and misconceptions. I'll be definitely coming back to it every now and then. I would like to point out that even this book is marketed for men, it is recommended reading for everyone. IMHO the essential idea of the book is to understand the 'people pleasing' and 'approval seeking' nature of a human being and make changes in behavior based on the gained insight.
Marcel This book describes "nice-guys" as approval seeking "yes-men" pestered with different addictions and it "offers solutions" for those who will attend Glover's "no-more-mr.-nice-guy"s groups.
It didn't help me to improve myself, nor to have a happier life. I forced myself to finish the book (as a nice guy that I am, :))) in the hope to find something helpful - to no avail...
Barbara Oczujda Amazing book! I totally recommended for men and women. As a woman I was skeptic at the beginning, but I have changed my mind. After reading it, a new chapter of my relationship begun, and I love it!
Earl Martin The big take away for me was that when we do something in order to get approval or to get our needs met instead of asking directly for what we want, we set up a "covert contract" that most often leads to disappointment. This is just one aspect of the "Nice Guy" syndrome. There's lots of nuggets like this in the book. Go to Dr. Glover's website and take the Nice Guy test to see how you do. There's lot's of Nice Girls, too.
Image for No More Mr. Nice Guy