Carolyn
Carolyn asked:

It is amazing to me that different authors have such a different take on what really happened. I guess this happens when we really don't know the truth. Sharon Kay Penman has such a radically different opinion of Richard. I guess I will have to keep digging for more information on the subject. The quest is interesting! Any thoughts on this subject for more reading?

To answer questions about The Princes in the Tower, please sign up.
Stephen See my very biased review of Shakespeare's play, just posted today. It cites a couple of books both pro and anti-Ricardian. Allison Weir's is one;I don't like its conclusions, but it needs to be read for background. Bertram Fields's book is as close to definitive as anyone is going to get I think. The evidence to convict Richard is not there. Tey and Kendall muster a lot of evidence that Richard was that rarity among kings of the era, a mensch.
Karen Have you read the fiction by Josephine Tey? Title is: The Daughter of Time. I have read it several times. It is about a detective with a broken leg who is bored. He starts investigating Richard III to alleviate the boredom. The plot follows his research. Also the characters are interseting and fun.
Image for The Princes in the Tower