Brenda Waechter

Is this an appropriate book for a 15-year-old? She likes romance. If not, what's good for a girl her age. She's read The Princess Diaries series. thanks

To answer questions about Perfect Chemistry, please sign up.
Kortnee Branum I read it at 13 so if she is mature in her reading then she will be fine with it.
Brittany I would not recommend this book to a 15 year old. No, there isn't super graphic content... but it's close enough. There is definitely mature language and sexual innuendoes (is it an innuendo if it's obvious?). I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable reading this as a 15 year old, I barely felt comfortable reading it as a 26 year old. There are better suited books...
Tere I recommend Sea of Tranquility instead.
Ana Sharon Draper has a cute novel called Julio and Romiette. Sort of a take off on Romeo and Juliet. Also, try the "Books that won't make you blush" list put out by YALSA. (young adult library association) It's under "popular paperbacks for young adults" they have two lists out with that title now. If you are worried about that sort of thing...
Emilie I read it when I was like, what, 12? If she's fifteen, I'd say it's more than appropriate.
Erin If she's read something better suited for older ages than The Princess Diaries, I would say yes, but only if she's read something much more mature. If she's only read books of the same age range as The Princess Diaries, which I read at a much younger age than 15, then I wouldn't recommend it.

I enjoyed both books thoroughly.
Selena I wouldn't think so. Honestly, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone, but that's just me.

There's a lot of sexual harassment depicted (and depicted as acceptable, in my opinion). There's contemplation of raping one of the MCs by the love interest to win a bet...

I only was able to get about halfway through before I quit, though, so there may be redeeming qualities in the second half I don't know about.
Image for Perfect Chemistry
by Simone Elkeles (Goodreads Author)