Melanie Mcgowan

This book was one of the best books I've ever read.. The ending shocked me, upset me and made me happy all at the same time.. ????

To answer questions about My Sister's Keeper, please sign up.
Karla I think the ending is cheap and stupid. The author created this huge dilemma (will the girl help her sister on her own terms or not?) and then took the easy way out. My dream ending would have been so much more powerful: Anna and her mom make a pact that Anna will help Kate one last time and after that nobody will ever ask her again for anything at all.
The operation takes place, but something goes wrong. Kate's body does not accept the kidney. She dies. Shortly after her death Anna has some infection, her remaining kidney is destroyed, she dies. The mother stays behind with no daughter left and one very perturbed son who rejects and hates her after years of neglect.
The message to all parents worldwide: DO NOT PLAY GOD WITH YOUR CHILDREN'S LIVES.
Tisa The end of the book was unrealistic. Epileptics cannot drive especially the next day after a gran mal seizure.
Gianna Those were my exact emotions while reading the ending of this book. It was so heart wrenching and sad but was also very beautifully written along with the rest of the book that I couldn't help but also be happy on the inside. The way everything ended really caught me and probably everybody by surprise! So many emotions while reading this book :O
Madeline A book of fiction does not need to be realistic or true to life but it should make you think about things in a different way. This one does it in spades.
Aleeza Athar Welcome. This is what the rest of us go through with every book.
Dorine the ending was so heartwarming as it is literally a plot twist, and then when you think its all over, you flip to the last page and you are aching your heart out.
Resi I absolutely agree! I loved the book, especially the ending! It was perfect for the whole book and so well written that I cry every time I read it.
Sukaina Raza How is that possible?
Image for My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)