Kelly
Kelly asked:

My 9 year old, super advanced reader, wants to read this book. Is it appropriate for an upper elementary school student?

To answer questions about The Raft, please sign up.
Alondra it has no sexual content its about a girl surviving on a raft there is a tiny bit of violence about a shark that grabbed a seal but that happens once and it has no descriptions on that part and it is not scary my :)
Petit Chocobo it is! no sexual content whatsoever, no love relationship. just one girl surviving on a raft :p
Emma There were some disturbing parts while she was stranded on an island, and sometimes the author put in the words "hell" and "pissed", but other than that, the book is appropriate. I recommend getting the book and read from page 149 by yourself to determine whether or not to let your 9 year old read it on her own.
Dianne Very much so Kelly! If your child watches any sort of nature programs, Shark week, etc., even more so. I teach biology and I enjoyed this book too.
Brooklin Amazing book and i agree with all of the other people
Lauren As long as she's okay with words like Pissed and Hell...other than that, not violent at all. (don't get me wrong I'm not bothered by those words...but ya know.....Of course I'm 15...)
Abby yes! i read it in the 5th grade loved it!! but there are some parts that have violence but overall a great book! :)
Image for The Raft
by S.A. Bodeen (Goodreads Author)