Goodreads asked Bob Dailey:

Bob Dailey I don't get writer's block, if writer's block means a lack of ideas for writing topics. I do experience something I've heard Seth Godin describe as, The Dip...that place where you lose energy on a project, or lose momentum.

For me, it happens at about the 50% mark, and then again at the 80% mark of the project. I lose interest, get easily diverted by other shiny objects, and lose focus on why I started writing the story in the first place.

If this is writer's block, my remedy comes from Dory: Just Keep Swimming.

I let the lull in energy for a project subside and allow myself to be distracted by other shiny objects for a little while, but then I open up the file and start swimming. As I swim, I start to reconnect with the project, and find my momentum again.

I think the real issue isn't a loss of momentum or energy, but a fear of the unknown. A fear of actually finishing. A fear of what lies ahead in the exploration. Exploration is the best part of being a writer, but also the most challenging. The best way to overcome fear? Just Keep Swimming!