S
S asked:

This book has some wonderful and bizarre lines. "She drove badly, like a middle-aged widow after 6 lessons." "He put his fingertips together like a pawnbroker getting ready to bid low on distress merchandise." What's your favorite simile from the book?

To answer questions about Dinosaur Beach, please sign up.
Michael Bafford "She gave me a look that made me feel as if I’d just kicked a cripple down the stairs..."
and contrariwise:
""The smile again, as if I was Lindy and I’d just flown an ocean, all for her..."
Philip Not from "Dinosaur Beach," but from Laumer's "Plague of Demons" which has the same cheesy noir dialogue: "I rode up (the elevator), then walked past a few miles of wallpaper that was someone's revenge for a life of disappointments."
Image for Dinosaur Beach