(because of her other books) Is this book one of a series or can you read them out of order?

To answer questions about The Healer's Apprentice, please sign up.
Abby Rose I've been reading them out of order and it's been fine.

I read the golden braid first, because I didn't realize it was part of this series and the cover got my attention; then I read fairiest beauty and the captive maiden after that. Basically I'm now just reading whichever ones I can find at the library.
Shannon Caldwell The princess spy, the fairest beauty, and the captive maiden are all about the children from the couple in this book, while the merchant's daughter is about the grandfather of the love interest of one of the children, i'm not sure yet how the huntress of thornback forest fits in. I would read it in order, especially in the case of the healer's apprentice, the fairest beauty, the captive maiden, and the princess spy, otherwise there will be spoilers.
Addison Dixon It's not apart of a series. Her books are stand-alones. They're all based on fairy tales but they're technically not a series. Some of them connect, but that's all.
The_Halfblood_Muslim I recommend, for the best read and most understanding, and accurate timelines:
1. Healer's Apprentice
2. Merchant's Daughter
3. Silent Songbird
4. Fairest Beauty
5. Captive Maiden
6. Princess Spy
7.Golden Braid
8.Orphan's Wish
9.Warrior Maiden
10. Piper's Pursuit (I guess)

That is how the character's stories go in order, the Princess Spy hero's mother is the heroin in the Silent Songbird. So I think it better to read Silent Songbird right after the Merchant's daughter, so the timeline is correct (or at least before the Princess Spy).
Steve Johnsen They can definitely be read out of order, but if you read them in order you will see some little connections among the family members/characters between books.
Briana Each book stands alone, but I would suggest reading this before reading a Captive Maiden.
Holly I read the books out of order and while reading the other books by Melanie Dickerson, found out that they were connected. Who knew!!
Even though I read them out of order, they are most enjoyable!!
Image for The Healer's Apprentice
by Melanie Dickerson (Goodreads Author)