Jean Bahrman
Jean Bahrman asked:

Is there a next book? I loved North of Boston.

To answer questions about North of Boston, please sign up.
Elisabeth Elo Yes, Pirio has another big challenge ahead. Through a really bizarre turn of events, she ends up in Siberia, where she becomes embroiled in a plot that involves ballet dancers, political intrigue, and diamond mines.

I went to Siberia this summer to do research for the book. I spent some time in Yakutsk, a city of approximately 300,000 in the Sakha Republic. The average winter temperature is -40 degrees F, but the summer temperatures are similar to Boston’s. I traveled from Yakutsk to a small village called Cherkeh, on the other side of the Lena River, about a five-hour drive on deeply rutted, sparsely populated roads. The meadows are very green, dotted with clear glassy lakes and tumbling streams, and the air smells sweet. Shaggy Sakha horses roam and graze where they will, without fences, and return to their homes of their own accord. The people I met in Siberia greeted me warmly and gave me a glimpse into their lives. I’m immensely grateful for their hospitality and hope to be able to bring some small portion of what I learned into this next book.
Image for North of Boston
by Elisabeth Elo (Goodreads Author)