Kim
Kim asked:

To answer questions about Waiting on You, please sign up.
Lindsay Aarons
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice I agree with you completely, it is good he did not dump Ellen straight after such a tragedy, it shows kindness. However,
To stay married to someone for years, when you apparently love someone else, and then not th be the one who even asks for the divorce is messed up. It seemed he would have stayed married for ever which is ridiculous! It also was very weird he was so close to her after, she was with another man having a baby. Ellen, also was not a great person, she seemed quite happy to turn up on Lucas doorstep and cause tension. No he had no right to judge Colleen and his immaturity showed. I disliked this story, it was not a romance and Lucas was selfish and never really showed passion for Colleen, and she forgave him and her father far too easily.
Leona I guess I'm less forgiving and more skeptical than most. I believed that Lucas married her to do the right thing. That was in character with who he was.

However, staying married to her, was not. I think it would have been more credible had Emily been from the working class versus wealthy. The fact that she was very rich, loved him, and gave him a chance at a better life, made his actions very questionable in my mind.

He goes down as one of the "worst" heroes in Romance land
Toni Hi Kim, if you have read my review/rant, you'll find my answers to your questions. However, given that a lot more readers gave this book 4-5 stars, I think not too many readers are bothered by the issues you have raised in your questions. Whatever negative opinion we may share about Lucas' behaviour is in the minority, I think.
Image for Waiting on You
by Kristan Higgins (Goodreads Author)