Sue
Sue asked Brian Staveley:

Hi Brian, how much of the trilogy had you planned when you first started writing? Do you plan the entire story line before writing or do you just 'go with the flow' and see where characters lead you?? Finally, do you have any say in the cover designs and difference between US and UK? Really finally, thank you for writing as love your first book and look forward to more!

Brian Staveley Hi Sue. Thanks for the question! I'd planned out an entire 7-book story arc. That, obviously, isn't happening. Then I planned out a trilogy, and I really, really meant to stick to the plan. That isn't happening either. The story will still be a trilogy, but it's gone in directions I never expected.

Both my US and UK editors as well as the art director at Tor have been really generous in involving me in the cover-creation process. I only play the most minor of roles ("Do you like version A or version B), but I appreciate being kept in the loop.

Thanks for reading! I can't wait to hear what you make of The Providence of Fire.