Jackie Golladay

My first thought when I read the intro to the book.. Jacqueline Kennedy was not known as Jackie O when JFK was inaugurated. She became Jackie O when she married Onassis! Rather turned me off to wanting to read it. Who wrote that anyway...???

To answer questions about The Obituary Writer, please sign up.
Lisa I bet the jacket was written by someone at the publishing company who only had pieces of information about the book which is why they put Jackie O. The actual book never makes the mistake. Great example of "Don't judge a book by its cover." :)
Betty On the jacket?! I hate when I come across errors like that in the book, let alone the jacket. I recently was reading a book set in the 90's that had the high schoolers carrying cell phones. They definitely were not carrying the bricks that were cell phone technology at the time, let alone texting. While I sometimes suspend reality to enjoy a book, that pointed out other errors that turned me off about the book.
Elizabeth Greene There were several mistakes in the book that the editors should have caught (someone who checked it out from the library before me noted them): twice she uses "Vivien" when she meant "Claire," and once she says "hotel" instead of "hospital." Also, she refers to a "tennis bracelet." I'm sure the style has been around a long time, but the term didn't come into popularity until the 1970s when Chrissy Evert wore one on the tennis court.
Pam Yes, Elizabeth Greene! I found those errors, too, and it always knocks a book down a few notches whenever I do. Careless, and makes me wonder how they got by all the people that supposedly read it before it went to press?
Image for The Obituary Writer
by Ann Hood (Goodreads Author)