Kristina Nierman

My 10 year old daughter wants to read this book. I'm not worried about her being able to understand it, she is very gifted, I'm wondering most about the romance portion. She's read the Hunger Games trilogy, is the romance equal to Katniss and Peeta or more graphic?

To answer questions about Stung, please sign up.
Bethany Wiggins The romance is kissing, and that is all, but there are a few references to rape. This is about on par with Hunger Games in romance and violence.
Meagan I haven't read the Hunger games, so i couldn't tell you how it compared to that, but Fiona has some scenes with Bowen, nothing too sexual, they kiss... a lot... they have some interactions that could be deemed as "sexual" they refer to things like, Fiona wears a dress, and Bowen wants her to not wear it because he felt that he wouldn't be able to "help himself", but it's not like a detailed porn scene or anything... but for a ten year old? I'd be a bit cautious, my dad was worried a little bit and i'm 13.
Myzsa Grandell I just read this, and my daughter is 11, and in 5th grade. There are a lot of references to rape, and an attempted rape. The romance between the two main characters is not the issue. The other violence is on par with hunger games, but I would read it first to see if you feel comfortable with her reading it. I'm going to make my daughter wait a few years.
bethany!! You should let her. I read this last year, and I read everything. It's okay, I would say, because last year I was ten too. I loved it!
Hoff The Librarian I would feel comfortable with my eleven year old daughter reading this. She'll certainly have questions, but there's nothing over the top in comparison to Hunger Games. The romance is almost a non issue.
Image for Stung
by Bethany Wiggins (Goodreads Author)