Becca C
Becca C asked:

So everybody is basically just cool with the fact that PR made this female character anorexic just to wring a few cheap sympathy points out of us, then had the gall to describe her as a tiny, pretty girl on just about every page? ....... Okay then.

To answer questions about The Slow Regard of Silent Things, please sign up.
Cindy You clearly have no idea of what the difference between "anorexic" and "half-starved" is. I'll give you a clue. One is something you do to yourself out of being mentally ill and having body image issues. The other is the result of not having enough food to eat.
Auri literally eats in 95% of the interactions we see in the KKC books. That means she is, by definition, NOT an anorexic.
Sandy Morley I won't address what's already been addressed, but you can be anorexic and pretty.

And the idea that Rothfuss has gone for "cheap sympathy points" is absurd. He's written an entire book about a character that basically suffers from the an extreme form of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder, and he never even mentions it.
Carly Vinkavich I don't think she is anorexic. She doesn't eat a lot because she doesn't know if or when she will procure more food (not because she is unhappy with her body). Auri is the same Auri that we know and love from the Kingkiller books. She is tiny, that is just how she is. I did not find her description to be negatively connotated at all.
Susan You really are overthinking this thing. Some people just want to get offended no matter what.
http://www.memepile.com/pics/2917.jpg
Image for The Slow Regard of Silent Things
by Patrick Rothfuss (Goodreads Author)