Xana Sun
Xana Sun asked:

Would this be appropriate for a 14-year old child?

To answer questions about Driftwood, please sign up.
Chris Notionless The book is simple enough in language and vocabulary that yes a 14 year could comprehend and understand the story. It's straight forward without any undertones or innuendo. However, the subject matter is a daughter coping with her father's untimely death. It's not written to be sad or heavy, it's language is that of a slightly melodramatic 20 something year old making sense of how lives changes in a blink of an eye. I'd say it would be great if you feel the reader could also relate to such a situation. If now, I'd personally recommend another young adult book - there are so many that are relatively comparable in length but real page turners with suspense, adventure and energy.
Robin I just started this and at first I thought it would be good for teens (I'm a librarian), but as with most adult books I recommend for teens, I am usually thinking in the 16-17 year old range. However, I'll report back after I finish the book. (BTW, Elizabeth, I am loving it.)
Image for Driftwood