Ekin
Ekin asked:

How does this compare to Meditations, is it similar to the Meditations in writing where there are statements rather than arguments or the opposite?

To answer questions about Letters from a Stoic, please sign up.
Ci I found the tone of Seneca's letters far more personable and persuasive than Meditations, entirely because of the nature of letter-writing. Yet I think Meditations' austerity and honesty are incomparable considering the fact that Marcus Aurelius had only himself as the reader. Meditations is a self-examination and self-exhortation, while Seneca's letters are Advices to a Friend.
John Cromartie Seneca is writing as something of a mentor here, so it's less self-critical than Meditations. But I would say that it is similar in its quality and among some of the best life advice you can ever read.
Ryan Coker Both are must-reads for practicing Stoics. I tend to like Seneca's tone over that of Marcus Aurelius. That said I found Gregory Hays' translation of Meditation to be much more accessible to modern ears than that of Robin Campbell's translation of Letters from a Stoic.
Preyas Letters has a conversational tone, and gives you the sense that an experienced teacher is imparting wisdom (and sometimes chiding and judgement) to their lifelong mentee. We don't read the mentee's responses so not arguments or opposing views here. In each letter Seneca picks a pet peeve of his - reading multiple books, fear of death, craving a long life, 'friend'ing someone (Seneca would've hated Zuck for making Friend into a verb) and goes deeper into each with a few pithy statements.

Meditations is more of a lifetime guide that one needs to bathe into, read, and re-read, multiple times. Each read of Meditations reminds you of + helps you discover something new. This aspect has caused it to have permeated into the legions of books, philosophies, and laws based on the wisdom in Meditations.

Also remember that Seneca was one of the OGs that spawned Stoicism and Marcus' Meditations.
Image for Letters from a Stoic
by Seneca