Dan
Dan asked:

Is the fourth book "Elvenbred" dead in the water then? It is a great sadness that there's no closure to this series......

To answer questions about Elvenborn, please sign up.
Miguel Good news people:
"Due to the death of co-author Andre Norton it is stated that the series 4th book has been handed over to Mercedes Lackey as of March 17, 2017 and is intended to be started summer 2017, hopefully to have it finished by 2017's end."
-Wikipedia
C.J. Lightbourn Aaand now it's mid 2019...I figure we'll see Elvenbred in about another 4-6 years.
Courtney Tucker-Barker When Andre Norton died, she left the rights to all of her collaborated works to her collaborators. A doctor whom she had previously left much of her possessions to, contested the most current will and had it overthrown. Selfish! Anyway, Mercedes Lackey did not want to write the 4th book of the series if that greedy man was going to get half the royalties. She decided against it on principle. Rightly so! Anyway, he eventually released the rights and Mercedes Lackey plans on starting it, hopefully, soon. I guess the selfish man thought he would get half the royalties on all of Norton’s collaborative works. Meanwhile, several of the authors stood up for themselves and refused to write for this man and he eventually gave in. Thank goodness! One man’s greed almost ruined it for everyone! Meanwhile, the man is a doctor and can afford to take care of himself! How much does one person need?!
Christian Clason I have sought after the answer to this for two years!
Roger Wathen Gah... poor Triana... I hope nothing... unseemly happens to her! lol Yeah I'm waiting for the fourth book too! {snicker}
Ruth Lanton Clearly it's taking Mercedes Lackey more time than she'd anticipated! It's already mid 2018 and no 4th book yet!
Ireadabook Oh, please don't tell me that! I just finished the third book and am left hanging !!
Image for Elvenborn