Susan Conklin
Susan Conklin asked:

Not really a question unless its, don't you just consume historical fiction when the history is as fascinating as the intrigue? To focus on the water systems of Pompeii and surrounding towns as effected by the imminent volcanic eruption is genius and I can't put this book down. Think it is a great way to add interest to an event we already know of the outcome.

To answer questions about Pompeii, please sign up.
Baz Brilliant book. I agree that fiction with a historical backdrop often makes for a really good read & this is no difference.
Lyden Orbase Yes, i love fictions with historical backdrop. It's my time machine.
I just wish the Hollywood movie with the same title was based on this book - it would have a better ending then.
Lynette Lark I was totally engaged with this book and I could not put it down either. I found myself actually praying for some characters and absolutely detesting others. And I was so worried at the ending and never more surprised.
Image for Pompeii
by Robert Harris (Goodreads Author)