Cristina Deptula

I read and loved Family Tree, and was drawn in by the realism and dailiness of the characters' struggles, both past and present. I noticed that you wrote about how the novel encourages forgiveness and empathy. And I've noticed that many of the best books around the world draw on basic humane values. What role do you think writers play, or could play, in making the world a gentler and more just place?

Andrea N Carr I think writer's have a responsibility to speak, in a way, to be heard. Total understanding, is sharing the same feeling. The greatest compliment I could ever receive, is to know I am understood by my readers through my writing. I did my job, then. To be honored this way, is a great feeling. I believe sharing thoughts and feelings is what life is about. How can one not feel more connected or closer to someone whose feelings you have shared. We all have the same feelings but for different reasons. Ultimately, writer's give relatable insight into human conditions. Making us human and not weak.
Image for Family Tree the Novel
by Andrea N. Carr (Goodreads Author)