Carol Kowalski

I'm well into the book, but haven't arrived yet at a compelling reason to continue. Thus far, the point seems to be that mutual corruption and exploitation are the best ways to create opportunity in the face of adversity. Does it get better than this as the book progresses?

Adora Myers I reached a point in the book where a similar thought occurred to me. I recommend finishing it because the decisions people make, the things they survive...or do NOT survive...and the myriad ways each individual struggles with survival vs choosing to be a certain kind of person is complicated and explored in-depth. This is not a 'Chicken Soup for The Soul' book. It describes reality and it's not pretty (at all), but corruption is far from the 'identified solution' to the problems faced by the people in this community.
Lynnnadeau this is part of our world - can we understand what is and think of possibly what should be and how to go there?
Image for Behind the Beautiful Forevers