Jane
Jane asked Azar Nafisi:

I loved Reading Lolita in Tehran. Was there a book you read as a child or teen that changed the way you saw yourself or the world -- if so, what was it? What one book should every writer read? Thanks again for the wonderful time I spent reading your book.

Azar Nafisi Thank you Jane. You know it is difficult for me to pinpoint one single book, I am very promiscuous when it comes to books!! I mention in my new book how as a child my father created an imaginary map of the world by reading me stories from Iran and other parts of the world, and that each book, like a new friend was different and introduced me to something new....Every writer is different and chooses different books to read.
And I also thank you for the wonderful time you talk about in reading my book, there is no greater reward for a writer, I believe than to connect to readers, whom I call intimate strangers....