Goodreads asked John P. Dowling:

John P. Dowling Patriot's Revenge emerged from a visit to a churchyard in the Dordogne region of France. When I read the list of the peoples who had moved through this beautiful region--Romans, Visigoths, Moors, and others, sculpted into the stone base of a fountain I was moved to write a story involving the latest invaders--the Nazis. Among the men and women around me were some who had been young during the war, and I found myself imagining their lives then.

My intent in writing Patriot's Revenge was to convey one couple's love, courage, loss, secrets, and fears, during World War II. I hope the novel will give you the depth and insight into their emotions and daily lives that you need to feel compassion and hope for them, and view their lives through their eyes.