Marilyn
Marilyn asked:

I was mildly entertained with this book but... for the price it feels like a rip-off. There was nothing meaty in this book at all. No plot, revelations about Auri's past, how she came to be in her current state or how she fits into the scheme of things. This should have been 2.99 or less. A disappointment compared to the first two books. When is the third book due to be released?

To answer questions about The Slow Regard of Silent Things, please sign up.
Susan Yes it did feel like a ripoff. Good thing I borrowed it, so didn't have to pay for it
Heather Wow I'm so sad that you paid that much. I bought the audio book, which was less expensive. That said, if I were the author, I would have only released it as a free digital. You should never purposefully alienate your fans.
Patrick Gordon I completely agree. I too feel ripped off. When I brought the book to the counter and they told me it cost 25 bucks I almost brought it back to the shelf, but no this is Patrick Rothfuss we are talking about, it has to be awesome right? Well it was a good book, I felt like a 150 page book should cost a lot less then a 400-500 page book. At some point it would be nice to get an update on book 3. I mean almost every other author that I read at least has the courtesy to give an update once or twice a year. I mean is it really asking too much to get an update at least once a year? When I don't hear anything new for so long it makes me think that he just is not working on book 3 at all. I know people are going to say Rothfuss is not my bitch and I agree with you. But I am also not his bitch and maybe he can show his fans a little respect as well. The author to fan street works both ways. Why should I be loyal to a author who does not think his fans are worth the trouble of an update?
Image for The Slow Regard of Silent Things
by Patrick Rothfuss (Goodreads Author)