Mahi C
Mahi C asked:

Can I read this book first before Theft of Swords ?

To answer questions about The Crown Tower, please sign up.
Michael I concur with Anthony...start with Revelations first (Theft of Swords)...unless you are a person who REALLY prefers chronological order. Here are some thoughts on the reasons why.

1. Reading in "publication" order exposes you to the world and characters as I originally intended you to "meet" them. Unlike some novels that do a lot of "front-loading" I expose the background of the characters (and a lot of the detail about the world) across the whole series so you'll always have more to learn about them. In the prequels, the characters are pretty much "fully formed" and I don't retread background that was already discussed in the Revelations series.

2. I have planted some Easter eggs for readers of Revelations to find. They aren't big plot points, just little nods and winks to "those in the know."

All that being said, the books were designed so you CAN read them in either order, and in fact I've heard from a lot of "chronological" readers who insist theirs was the best way to go. So, all in all I think you'll enjoy the books either way. But since you asked, I say starting with Theft of Swords is my preferred method...FWIW.
Maricel i personally like to read in chronological order because i always want to start from the beginning to build my excitement to the last book. it sometimes loses its appeal if you already know the very ending. but it will take too long to wait in this case because the prequels are still in the process...so you may start with the Revelations first and hopefully the last book in the Chronicles is done by the time you'll start the first. plus the books are a joy to read anyhow you want you start.
Anthony Hibbert you can, but I would recommend not doing it that way. Read the Riyria Revelations (starting with Theft of Swords) books first then this one. I believe you will enjoy this one best by reading this one later.
Image for The Crown Tower
by Michael J. Sullivan (Goodreads Author)