Jeffrey Michael

Patrick Rothfuss, I loved this book. I was first intrigued, then curious, then alarmed, and finally at the end I was shocked into excitement for your next book in the series. One thing I was curious about though is, does Auri have access to the rest of the town from the Underthing? Can she go into parts of the school? If so can't she just take food that she need?

To answer questions about The Slow Regard of Silent Things, please sign up.
Jph12 Auri never takes, only trades. And not just any trade will do. It has to be the right trade, both for the object she is giving away and for the one she is receiving. She finds a storeroom stocked with food, but she only comes away with a container of olives (hopefully) that she traded for a silver bowl engraved with leaves that matched the leaves that had blown in through the window.
Image for The Slow Regard of Silent Things
by Patrick Rothfuss (Goodreads Author)