Alyssa
Alyssa asked:

I was wondering how this book would be for younger YA readers. Searching for book with this theme for a younger reader. Is there any sexual content or foul language I should know about before picking this up for them?

To answer questions about All the Light We Cannot See, please sign up.
LA Cantrell My 12 year old son is a WWII history buff, so having read the book already, I know where the profanity, sexual innuendo, & rapes. He & I actually read books aloud w one another, and will do so with this one. Whenever Werner's POV is up, I'll read to my son & edit/omit verbally as needed. It's labor intensive, but I'm glad he will still read with the mama bear.

Shades of Gray is well done, but cannot come close to All the Light.
Marge Not a book for YA I too suggest Between Shades of Gray
Genetta As for another YA book set in WWII, I highly recommend the NY Times bestselling Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. Beautifully written, lyrical, haunting, deals with violence in a gentle way, and without sexual content or foul language. I dearly love that book.
Lisa This is not a YA book. At All. Yes to foul language, including quite a few f-bombs. Serious violence. Lots of brutality and death. A difficult rape scene, although much is left to the imagination. Despite the young ages of the main characters, I do not recommend it for YA.

If you are looking for WWII YA, I highly recommend The Book Thief or Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Both are amazing.
Image for All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr (Goodreads Author)