Julie Bihn
Julie Bihn asked:

Where did you get the inspiration for A Selkie's Prayer?

To answer questions about A Selkie's Prayer, please sign up.
Julie Bihn In Matthew 5:13 (NIV) Jesus says “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot." I got an idea for a selkie who was taken from the sea and became so human that her tears no longer tasted of salt.

Then as I was thinking through that, I also got the sense of how great and generous God is, to let us come to Him at any time, yet I wondered...what would you do if your prayers were limited to one a year? He already gave us the most amazing gift of all, His Son. In light of that, what if you were so respectful and in awe of Him that you'd never ask Him for anything?
Image for A Selkie's Prayer
by Julie Bihn (Goodreads Author)