Kristen Ostrander mccloskey

I am a high school librarian. A student asked to get "some Dr. Who books." Now that I am looking, I have no idea where to start and no idea if I should. I cannot afford an entire series. What would your advice be, oh Readers of Doctor Who?

To answer questions about Doctor Who: Touched By An Angel, please sign up.
N Great standalone ones are: "Vampire Science" (Jonathan Blum and Kate Orman), "The Bodysnatchers" (Mark Morris), "Harvest Of Time" (Alastair Reynolds), "The Dalek Generation" (Nicholas Briggs), "Only Human" (Gareth Roberts) and "Festival Of Death" (Jonathan Morris). Those are all completely standalone, very accessible for casual Doctor Who fans, and I can highly recommend them. I've also heard very good things about "Shada" (Gareth Roberts), "11 Doctors 11 stories" (various authors), "The Story of Martha" (various authors) and "Engines Of War" (George Mann), but I haven't read those yet, so I couldn't say how suitable they are for high school students. :)
Brian Manville This is a list of Doctor Who books I've read; you can check the reviews and decide which are appropriate:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Yellow-craion Try: Martha in the Mirror, Pest Control, Prisoner of the Daleks, the Pirate Loop, Beautiful Chaos or Runaway Train - all from New Who.
Drew Perron Stopping by to say that anything by Paul Cornell is worth a read.
Image for Doctor Who