Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C. asked:

Why do people like this book? I found it insipid, self serving, not enlightening in any way and more like a junior high school diary than literature. Poor recommendation. Ugh

To answer questions about Sisterland, please sign up.
Jennifer Not sure. Why do people take advantage of the question function for the sole purpose of sharing their opinions when that's what the review section is for? Perhaps you can shed some light.
Gina I only just started this book but I agree with Jennifer's response. If you really want to share your opinion, please do so in a review rather than hide a "review" behind a question. I think your question is on the verge of spoiler because, well at least I do, read the questions in advance and your question immediately put a negative bias in my head where I would rather go into a book on my own without anything but an overall rating. Your comments immediately made me think that this would be a bad book but so far the book has been enjoyable.
Karen I'm only 65 pages in but I've found it entertaining so far. It's much better written than a junior high school diary, that's for sure!

ETA, 2 days later: Now that I've finished it, I have to ask if you ever did.
Mary Shelton I agree with Jennifer--but it could be way worse. I was reading reviews on Amazon a few weeks ago and realized that a book's rating had been cut in half by someone who rated it four times. Three were actually under the same name; one was a made-up name, but you could tell it was the same person from the wording of the review. I think Elizabeth made an honest mistake, probably because she was working on other things at the same time or was in a hurry. I do that all the time. But it's worth thinking about how reviewing works and what it means to readers and authors. Thanks for that, Jennifer.
Diane Malk I agree. And for those of us who aren't mothers, soooo much detail about holding, feeding the kids. It detracted from the story I thought.
Nikki Wilson Agreed. You nailed it.
Image for Sisterland
by Curtis Sittenfeld (Goodreads Author)