Anna Baker
Anna Baker asked:

I do have one complaint for the author and I think its a big thing. I like all the Hawaiian words but most of them are not translated and there is no place in the book that you can go and look them up. I am not trying to be rude just saying what would have made the book far more enjoyable for me and I bet alot of other readers feel the same way! Is it possible to fix that in the next books? ^_^

Austin Aslan I'm sorry some of the jargon within the book confounded you. I suppose it's bound to happen because so many "Hawaiian" words and turns of phrases are not familiar to people outside of the islands. Most should become clear in context, though. A glossary for the book was discussed with my editor. Ultimately, I'm glad this wasn't included. The book feels most authentic when it can just be itself without outside references and annotations intruding. I can understand your frustration, though! You have no idea how many times I was confused by the way people spoke when I lived in Hawaii! But it's part of the wonderful and rewarding experience of settling in to a new culture! :)
Image for The Islands at the End of the World
by Austin Aslan (Goodreads Author)