Amanda
Amanda asked:

The bad liar excuse, what was the thought process here? Kate had spent the first few books successfully hiding the truth about herself. How Curran could not tell Kate that she was in danger seemed out of character for him. There was no knowledge at the point of the initial attack as to who orchestrated it and why. There did not seem to be a reason for with holding the information from Kate. What am i missing?

To answer questions about Magic Rises, please sign up.
Katie It doesn't make a lot of sense, first of all Lorelei could push for a quicker death if she thought she was succeeding and secondly, he left Kate alone more often which isn't particularly helpful in protecting someone if that's indeed your motive.

I just didn't buy it. To make matters worse what the hell was with the forgiveness scene. Like, she's genuinely upset and taking a step back which I think is well deserved, curran didn't even warn her or anyone and he totally embarrassed her in terms of pack politics. Then, it's all good because he was jealous of Hugh and also he's the alpha so it doesn't matter if he embarrasses someone politically apparently only if the slight is to him (like Derek having to swear a blood oath and the bullshit of the first few books).

Ugh I love them but I hated them in this book, a lot. I didn't even get excited about the proposal or the ring.
Marissa Teng Yeah I was pissed and felt he got off way to easy. WTF? I didn't buy it either, he really could have told her and yes he is an ASS. Curran dropped drastically on my "man pudding" list even though in the next book he isnt a total ass. I'll still never like him the same because of this.
Desi That was the worst possible time to do the whole proposal crap. I am literally disliking Curran right now, frankly that excuse was crap, they no longer have trust in their relationship, they don't know how to communicate, they should Not be marrying each other and I would really like her to simply leave him at this point. I no longer root for him.
Kasia Szyszka I wouldn't say she was that successful hiding it, already in the first book Curran got suspicious about why Bono was trying to get Kate's magic, and she didn't do a good job convincing him otherwise. And if he told her from the beginning, they would act normally around each other when the enemy wasn't around, all the other Pack shapeshifters would know they're good - it would be much less believable and more risky that someone will find out it's a scam.
Image for Magic Rises
by Ilona Andrews (Goodreads Author)