Goodreads asked Hariklia Heristanidis:

What are you currently working on?

Hariklia Heristanidis I am in the early stages of researching and writing a novel that spans three generations, loosely based on my family.
I recently discovered that my ancestors are not from mainland Greece, as I had always assumed, but from Pontos, the Black Sea region of (what is now) Turkey. I also had no idea that my grandparents were forcefully displaced from this region, which was colonised by Greeks thousands of years ago.
Given that I am the child of migrants, and my parents are the children of refugees, it appears that no one has belonged securely to a place since my great grandparents' time. The novel I want to write, based on these facts, has deep personal significance for me; although the story of displacement is one shared by many. Indeed it is a major theme of our time.
I do not want to write a memoir—I am a writer of fiction; but I do want to experiment with blurring the line between genres and exploring the nature of memory and of what is lost: especially given that I knew nothing of this until a few years ago. I feel that this is a story that needs to be told, and told well, in an engaging and compelling manner.