Catherine
Catherine asked:

Will this book help me understand why people cut?

To answer questions about Cut, please sign up.
Adrienne From what I understand, you will probably have better luck with A Bright Red Scream for learning psycology and motives behind the behavior.
Jes Honestly, no. From a cutters point of view, this is not what it is like. If you want a book that will explain it, I have found one that was completely relatable. It is an easy read like this one, but that one comes from a more real place. The title of the book is Scars and it is by Cheryl Rainfield.
Destiny Crowell The perspective let's you see inside the mind of Callie who is a self-harmer, but it really is up to you how you take it. I guess it's hard to understand exactly why people cut unless you've been in that place yourself. I don't think there is a way to really understand self-harm because it is different for everyone and everyone has different triggers that make them feel like self harm is the only way to cope with whatever is going on in their life (and I'm saying this from [past] experience).
Katherine Lima yea cause out there is alot of people that think that by cuting them self is going to help but it makes it worst because the thing thta hurts you is still there and by cuting is not the solution you have a lot of people there for you and that love you just because one person tell you something that hurt you it dosen't matter you have a lot of person that are there and love you how you are ones my friends told me that when you cut the pain goes for a while but it comes back and that is true and i know that it hurts when people bully you or tell you things thta hurt but cuting is not the solution and i know that it feels good and you like it but you need to look for help because you need help i am not telling you thta you are crazy but you need to let out all those feelings that are in your heart so this book is very good i love it and if you cuting your self pliss dont
Alexandra Huerta It will make you understand how people feel and react about their situation and most likely would never admit and or say why they self-harm.
Kiki never can you understand why people self harm it doesn't all connect it is to do with the person themselves there for you may be able to slightly understand one persons reasoning but you will never be able to understand everyone's reasoning for why they choose to do so
Image for Cut
Cut