Steph
Steph asked:

I am debating on ebook or hardcover. I live outside the US (so I don´t have the ability to actually view the book) but want to purchase this book for a friend. I need suggestions on whether to go with the hardcover or take the ereader option. I never know with this sort of more interactive book. Can someone who has read the book or even seen it tell me if the e reader experience would be more positive/negative?

Orsolya I am reading the ebook version, but it works perfectly, and you can easily jump back (if you reach a chapter you've already read) with the back button. It's fun :)
Jen I read it as an ebook and found that the links worked ok, but once you choose one way, you can't flip back to the original choice and read the other option like you would be able to do in a paper book. The table of contents was just the "start" chapter. I ended up just reading it straight through after a while, and though I missed out on some of the intended fun, I don't feel like I missed out too much.
Dennis If the ebook contains hyperlinks, go with it. If not, with the hardcover. Immersion and not having to seek the needed page for minutes is key here.
Maggie Anton I can't imagine how you could get the real "choose your own adventure" experience with an e-book. You need to be able to go back to where you left off and then to a different page.
Jennifer Maloney I just read this on ebook and the choice links work perfectly. The only downside is that you won't be able to quickly go back and re-choose a choice, but... not sure why you'd want to do that.
Sierra NPH intended this to be styled as a "Choose Your Adventure" book, and they were popular before the introduction of ebooks and ereaders. I think if you're looking for a more authentic experience, I would suggest the hardcover.

I haven't had a chance to look at the ebook version, but I am reading the hardcover right now and really enjoying it.
Image for Neil Patrick Harris