Poly
Poly asked:

The movie was terrible, does the book have redeeming qualities?

To answer questions about Vampire Academy, please sign up.
Jessica Absolutely not. The book is terrible. Only someone who isn't used to reading GOOD writing, would think this was any good. The writing is awful, just like in the Twilight series. Then again, if you think those were good books (which really weren't, and were in bad need of some good editing, to say the least), then sure, these books are fine.

But, if you have higher expectations of novels, and writing, avoid these books. Reading this first one was painful, and I had been led to believe they were great, so I bought six from someone, used... Now I wish I had saved the money.
Elizabeth Glowacz Yes definitely its a tiny bit slow at first but it gets a whole lot better
Image for Vampire Academy
by Richelle Mead (Goodreads Author)