Caitlin Mitchell
Caitlin Mitchell asked Azar Nafisi:

I teach Reading Lolita in Tehran in the Iranian unit of an interdisciplinary course (English, history, and art) I co-teach to high school juniors and seniors (ages 17 and 18). As many of them have not read the novels mentioned in the text, we focus instead on larger themes and ideas. What is the one take-away you hope American high school students have after reading RLIT?

Azar Nafisi first of all, can we be in touch via our social media? I love to know about your experiences and your students' reactions....I hope high school students when reading about my students in Iran or about a girl like Malala will realize that this freedom they enjoy was not achieved easily, I hope they will base their life's goal not on what others tell them is good for them, but on their passion, on what they really love in life, and know that to pursue love you have to pay the price but it is worth it, it will give your life a fuller meaning, it will make you love yourself and the world and not despair! If they did it in Iran under those circumstances, I am sure we can do it here....