Ali Bhatti
Ali Bhatti asked Azar Nafisi:

Hello Ma'am, I've only recently read your memoir "Reading Lolita in Tehran" and I was really fascinated by your story! Since you're a connoisseur of fine literature, my question to you is : What are your thoughts on contemporary eastern fiction, and what would be your favorite works? Awaiting your response, Muhammed Ali, from Pakistan.

Azar Nafisi Hello Mr. Bhatti, good to hear from you. I don't need to say anything about Pakistani writers and poets whom you know better than I do....I am thinking of Naguib Mahfouz, Orhan Pamuk, Nizar Qabbani (poet and from a different generation, but important), Hassan Blassim, Shahrnoush Pasipur, Luay Hamzah Abbass, Adonis, Mahmoud Darwish , Amin Maalouf, to name a few!