Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V. asked Travis Hill:

I just got done reading Departure and while I don't really feel like a sequel needs to be done, I'm curious if you still plan on writing "Arrival"? I thoroughly enjoyed this story and am curious if there will be additions to it.

Travis Hill Originally, I hadn't planned on a sequel (as I'm a lover of short stories and novellas that sometimes leaves me wanting more). However, the nice lady who made the cover for Departure also made me a cover for Arrival. I'd put it on the back burner, figuring I had a free cover for down the road, but no real plans to do much more than another short story, possibly a short novelette.

About five months ago, I had a pretty good idea (it took me cracking my head open on a sharp cupboard door corner) for a "real" sequel to Departure, along with a pretty good set of story ideas about the terrible war.

The "concept" for Arrival is about six hand-written pages, which should translate into at least 60,000 words, though I'm thinking more like 120,000 as I have a lot to work with. The reason I haven't actually written it yet is because it isn't exactly a direct/pure sequel. So I've been trying to decide whether or not to alter Departure slightly (nothing too drastic) to make it fit Arrival, or if I should write the new story and call it a "spiritual successor."

I'm also a firm believer that there doesn't need to be a sequel, especially one that feels tacked-on or forced. However... there are far too many good ideas or storylines within Departure to not do... something... with it ;).

(I hope this babbling was coherent and not too creepy. Feel free to ask away about anything!)