Ashley Bell
Ashley Bell asked:

How did the language used in "The Romanov Sisters" make you feel as you were reading the book? Could you forget the traumatic way in which the Romanov sisters died as you were reading the book?

Mary Ann Heinsman I have not completed the book yet, but no, I have not been able to forget the traumatic way in which the sisters die as I read. I feel it hanging over my progress like a dark cloud. As I know what happened, but not many of the details that led to their deaths, I find myself wondering when the "shoe will drop" so to speak. It's also very unfortunately that Nicolas didn't change the succession laws or marry his daughters off to other royal courts before all of this took place. History may have had a different outcome and we may have been privy to more insight into the lives they led.
Candace Lazzaro I enjoyed this book even knowing the sad ending. With DNA knowledge we now know that the whole family was executed. I'd always hoped that at least one or two had survived. However, I was delighted with the first part of the book. I am glad that they seem to be a happy loving family, with the exception of poor Alexey's illness. The one comfort I got from reading this is that while their last months of life was a struggle, they were all together.
Carlos Mundy The family was not murdered in Ekaterinburg. It was a hoax organized by the Bolcheviques and the German Imperial Government as part of the peace treaty of Brest-Litvosk.
Grand Duchess Marie lived in Rome and was married to Prince Dolgoruki and had 2 daughters. Grand Duches Olga lived under the name Marga Boodts in Lake Cuomo. her memoires have just been published in Spanish and Grand Duchess Anastasia was Anastasia Anderson-Manahan who lived in Charlotesville (USA). Grand Duchess Tatiana did die in a Soviet gulag during the second world war.
I reccomend reading La Verite sur la tragedie des Romanov by historian Marc Ferro.
Miss Rappaport will be shocked when the new book on what happened to the Grand Duchesses and written by hostorian Marie Stravlo is released next year.
Marilyn Of course I could not forget their traumatic deaths. Reading about their nursing during the Great War, I thought, "Why didn't the revolutionaries let them live? They were doing so much good for the soldiers -- more than most royals and nobles had done."
Image for The Romanov Sisters
by Helen Rappaport (Goodreads Author)