Goodreads asked Brandon Stephens:

Brandon Stephens I draw inspiration from just about anything. Movies and video games fill my head with all sorts of ideas (for better or worse). I have always felt that I'm more of a "storyteller" than a "writer;" I just chose this medium because it's easier (relatively speaking) to use words than direct a cast or code a game. After I get ideas, I let them marinate for weeks, or sometimes months, then begin to write. "What if" is my favorite question in thw world and is the womb from which nearly all of my stories were birthed.

Other writers also inspire me; reading arms me with new tools to express myself. I'm not just a storyteller; a firm grasp of the English language is necessary to tell the stories I have in my head and the best way to achieve that is to obseve how others wield it.