Thomas
Thomas asked:

Does it contain any mature contents? That would be spoiled a little bit, to me.

To answer questions about The Dark Defiles, please sign up.
Gary This isn't Harry Potter. It is absolutely an adult book with explicit descriptions of sex and violence. That is what Morgan writes. It's the finish to a trilogy that would leave Conan the Barbarian gibbering in a cellar. If you can't deal with that don't open the (if I'm allowed swearing here) fucking book.

But I agree with Eric - none of the above is gratuitous and there is no glory. It's there because that's the way the world works.

Oh, and it would be useful to read "The Steel Remains" and "The Cold Commands" first so that you have even the faintest idea of what is going on.
Kenneth Hindle-May Does it ever!

Violence, drugs, sex, violence, sex-violence, violence. If people find it offensive it's in there, basically.
Zedsdead If I understand your question correctly, then yes this is a very adult book. Abundant profanity, graphic violence, explicit descriptions of sex. Themes of politics, war, and genocide. Sexual violence.

I would add, though, that these things are not gratuitous. This is a serious, intelligent, challenging book. It depicts rape but does not do so to titillate; it describes violence without glorifying it.
Sestrel It’s part of the interwoven journey. Part of their world, makes it more real and enriching. A ‘sanitised’ version wouldn’t be worth reading. Try Miss Marple perhaps?
George As the other answers tell you, it's going to be spoiled for you far more than a bit.

Side note: I find it interesting that Morgan's descriptions of str8 sex are less creative and captivating than those of gay sex--male or female. And I don't think I'm blinded on this by being a gay man. I think it may be that as a str8 guy he has to put more effort into those bits.
Feargal Dunno if I'd say it's mature content. Adolescent, immature content would be more accurate. Where was this stuff when I was 16?
Image for The Dark Defiles