This is sounding a lot like Matched...but is it as disappointing?

To answer questions about Possession, please sign up.
LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :( I didn't really like Matched much in the first place, but Possession is like Matched, except way more random. First, you start out with our standard controlling government and a girl heroine who has been "matched" w/ her longtime best friend. Until she falls in love with a rebellious guy (Jag in Possession, Ky in Matched) and becomes a rebel in the Resistance or whatever they call it. But then, in Possession, Vi discovers she's a Thinker- she can control people, and finds people who can do crazy things like that; also Vi's already a bad girl, complete with spiky, dyed hair.

In my opinion, this book let me down more than Matched, because even though I found Matched dull, about half the time, I couldn't understand what the heck was happening in Possession.
Image for Possession
by Elana Johnson (Goodreads Author)