Mikaela
Mikaela asked:

What age would you recommend reading this book at? I'm a High School Freshman, do you think the book would be too challenging?

To answer questions about Les Misérables, please sign up.
Jackie O'sullivan Hard going but worth the slog. Some very long passages that deviate from the storyline and get a bit distracting however they give a lot of atmospheric information about the world and Paris at the time. I would probably have enjoyed it more when I was younger and certainly it bears little resemblance to the very abridged versions of the film and musical.
Deepak Pitaliya Not at all. Everybody should read the book in full (I mean not the abridged version), however I skipped many chapters on Waterloo battle and Paris sewer system as these are not related to the central story.
Image for Les Misérables