Donita
Donita asked:

when did Bill find out isabella died?

To answer questions about The Inquisitor's Key, please sign up.
Patricia I went back through the books, because I didn't remember any mention of her dying. I found the place in Chapter 5 of "The Bone Yard" (book #6) Isabella was supposedly still alive and pregnant, and Bill was still trying to sort out the situation and wondering where she was (he had recently received the origami bird from her from San Francisco). Then, the next time she is mentioned is in "The Inquisitor's Key" (book #7) in Chapter 25. This brief sentence "Then there was Isabella, with whom I'd had a brief romantic encounter, and who'd died in Japan when the tsunami struck the coast where she was staying." It seems like she was just forgotten along the way, which was very disappointing to me because I thought her character and subplot added a lot of personal depth to Bill.
Image for The Inquisitor's Key