Maire Joyce
Maire Joyce asked:

The best Stephen King book ever.

To answer questions about The Dead Zone, please sign up.
SmarterLilac Yeah, yeah, It is fine. And very relevant to a whole swath of major social issues affecting the psychology of an entire generation.

So is The Dead Zone. In a big way. Really a transgenerational condemnation of how our parents (and grandparents) effed up our society and what it would take if anyone wanted to (or could) avoid the worst. But I don't think about this novel as mere social commentary, (even the important, non-sentimental kind) but as a brutally insightful discussion of the burden of Knowing, either as a psychic, a prophet, a scientist, an historian or anyone else, that Bad Things are coming and You are the sole obstacle in their way. It is a heavy and hard responsibility to carry, and very few will be able to wield it well. Even John Smith, though he makes the right choice (just barely) finds his 'luck' run out eventually. And what of those who remain? The other characters have all chosen to try to save society in other ways--but we know how well conventional approaches worked out for the Boomers, don't we?

Pennywise? Has nothing on Frank Dodd. What Bill, Beverly, et al experience? Has never moved me the way John Smith's last stand(s) did.

What's past is prologue. The Dead Zone is every bit as important to 2016 readers as it ever was.
Leo . Has to either be The Stand or Talisman which he wrote with Peter Straub
Sydney Seidl It was my second favorite, after It, which seems to be the consensus.
Nadim Excuse me have you borth forgotten It??
Great mixture of coming-of-age and horror!
Till today it's impossible for me to forget the characters especially Pennywise ;)
Megan The Shining without a doubt. A scary empty hotel in the middle of nowhere, a history of murders, madness & ghosts...then add snow...really creepy, scary & atmospheric!!
Image for The Dead Zone
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)