Gian
Gian asked:

What inspired you to write this story? (I'm not sure if this is too early to ask this question LOL)

To answer questions about Lock & Mori, please sign up.
Heather Petty I read an article about the nemesis relationships in literature that had used the relationship between Sherlock and Moriarty as one of the examples. The writer pointed out that the only information we have about Moriarty from the canon comes from Sherlock, because no one else meets Moriarty, not even Watson. I hadn't noticed that when I read the books and stories as a kid, so I went back and reread that story, and the writer was completely correct.

I started to think, what if Sherlock lied to Watson for some reason? What if Sherlock and Moriarty had known each other in their past, had maybe even been close friends? What if something had happened in their past that turned them into enemies?

And, of course, that morphed and changed until it eventually became LOCK & MORI. But that article was definitely the inspiration.

As an aside, I really wish I could find that original article and attribute it, but I would have read it some time before I started drafting LOCK & MORI, which was early 2012, so it's pretty old now. I also tend to follow links and other links and make my way down the internet rabbit hole when I'm reading, which was probably the case for this one. I haven't been able to find it again in my searching. I only remember that the article was set up to show how heroes and villains in nemesis relationships often share characteristics. It was a great read. :)
Image for Lock & Mori
by Heather W. Petty (Goodreads Author)